Friday, May 8, 2009

WHAT TO DO WHEN JUDGMENT IS ON EARTH #6

What To Do When There Is Judgment In The Land
Part Six

The Blood Covenant
E. W. Kenyon wrote, “Some one is going to rise and understand this. Some body of people is going to enter into it. I have a conviction that this is the eleventh hour message, that this is the message for the Church today. In the troubled days that lie ahead, we are going to require all that God can give us, and be to us, to stand the tests we are going through. And will go through. Satan, knowing that his days are shortened, is coming to the earth with all his host and we are going to pass into a period of spiritual conflict such as the world has never known. This will not only be for persecution, but it will be demons breaking and crushing the spirit of the church in the individual.”[1] The book I got this statement from was copyrighted in 1969 and Dr. Kenyon went on to glory March 19, 1948, before Israel once again became a nation. He believed he was in the eleventh hour, so we must be very close to midnight on God’s clock and the end of the Church Age.

Several weeks prior to Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) in September, the Lord instructed me not to take communion for just myself anymore, but for my cluster; those I am connected to naturally and spiritually. This instruction was based on Isaiah 65:8, “Thus says the Lord, ‘As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one says, ‘Do not destroy it, for a blessing is in it,’ So will I do for My servants’ sake, that I may not destroy them all.”

I realized that as a “watchman”, this was instruction for protection during times of harvest judgment. To build up my faith in communion, I took out my file of notes and all my books on the power of the Blood of Jesus and communion. Then I began to practice daily communion, including my cluster in all the provisions of Blood Covenant. (“Faith without works is dead”, James 2:18)

Dutch Sheets wrote, “God is raising up prophetic intercessors- watchmen – to keep the serpent out! Men and women who will “lean forward, peering into the distance” watching for the enemy’s attacks. Sentries, bodyguards, gatekeepers, boundary setters and preservers in His kingdom. It is indeed, a high calling!” [2]

Communion, the Lord’s Supper, Eucharist
The word Eucharist comes from the Greek word eucharisteo (pronounced yu-kha-re-ste-a) is found in I Corinthians 11:24, meaning give thanks, thank, be thankful. “And when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, ‘Take, eat: this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” We are not to be like Job (Job 1:5, 3:25) and stand in the gap for our family out of fear, but to be thankful for what has already been provided for us in the finished work of Jesus Christ. Being thankful is an act of faith. We are standing in faith for our family and the friends we are connected to in our cluster.

The word communion comes from the Greek word koinonia (pronounced koy-nohn-ee-ah) G2842, means fellowship, association, community, joint participation, intercourse
1. To share which one has in anything, participation, i.e., in the benefits of Christ’s death
2. Intercourse, fellowship, intimacy
3. A benefaction jointly contributed, a collection, a contribution, as exhibiting embodiment and proof of fellowship.
This Greek word is used 20 times in 18 verses. Koinonia is used as:
Fellowship, Acts 2:42, 1 Corinthians 1:9, 2 Corinthians 8:4, Galatians 2:9, Ephesians 3:9, Philippians 1:5, 2:1, 3:42; I John 1:3 (2x) 1:6 and 7
Contribution in Romans 15:26
Communion in I Corinthians 10:16 (2x), 2 Corinthians 6:14; 13:14
Distribution in 2 Corinthians 9:13
Communicate in Hebrews 13:16
Communication in Philemon 1:6

THE BREAD
John 6:22-59 reveal the truths about the bread but the people did not receive it because they were “familiar” with Him as a person, therefore they could not or would not believe. Today, believers have gotten “familiar” with communion as a religious practice and therefore do not believe and receive the full benefit. I believe this is what Paul was referring to as an “unworthy manner” in I Corinthians 11:27, not attributing the “full worth” of Christ’s redeeming work to this action. Three times in the book of Acts, the word “common” is likened to unclean. (10:14, 28; 11:8) We should always come into communion with a teachable heart, realizing we can never exhaust the understanding of everything that has been given to us through Jesus Christ and the Blood Covenant He provided. We must allow ourselves to be FAT believers, Faithful, Available and Teachable. Once we think we really understand something, we cease to learn.

I believe the Apostle John knew Jesus better than any other writer in the Bible. The Gospel of John, 1-3 John and Revelation have a depth of understanding that only can be attained by the closeness and revelation only Jesus can give. John had a better understanding of the love of God and the purposes of Jesus. Just as “God made His ways known to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel” (Psalm 103:6), Jesus allowed His ways to be known to John. The Gospel of John is the only gospel to record the seven “I am’s” of Jesus:
1. I am the bread (6:35, 48, and 51)
2. I am the light of the world (9:5)
3. I am the door of the sheep (10:7)
4. I am the good shepherd (10:11 and 14)
5. I am the resurrection and the life (11:25)
6. I am the way, the truth, and the life (14:6) [the way to the Father, the truth about God, the very life of God]
7. I am the true vine (15:1, 5)


This is how I include my cluster as I partake in communion
I spend much time taking communion in this manner; it is not a hurried or rushed time. As I take the bread, I remember Jesus as the Substitutionary Sacrifice.
E.W. Kenyon wrote:
There is a two-fold oneness: first, His oneness with our sin on the cross; and second, our oneness with Him in His glory on the throne. Ephesians 2:6, ‘And raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus’.
He became as we were, so that we might become as He is.
He died to make us live.
He was made sin to make us Righteous.
He became weak to make us strong.
He suffered shame to give us glory.
He went to Hell in order to take us to Heaven.
He was condemned in order to Justify us.
He was made sick in order that healing might be ours.
He was cast out of the presence of God in order to make us welcome there.
In the fact of redemption we have one of the richest phases in Redemption.”[3]

Not only for me, but for the world, for “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall never perish, but have everlasting life.” (Zoe life, the God-kind of life) John 3:16. Jesus said in John 6:32, “My Father gives you the true bread from heaven”; verses 35 & 48, “I am the bread of life” and verse 51, “I am the living bread”.

This is an unmistakable parallel to God’s covenant name (Yahweh) by which He revealed Himself to Moses in Ex. 3:14, “I AM WHO I AM”. … He is the “real” heavenly bread, the true life-sustaining power, anything else, regardless of its religious significance in past or present, is an inadequate substitute. [4]

THE BLOOD
When it comes to taking the grape juice, representing the Blood of Jesus, I purposely remember all the benefits of the Blood Covenant. “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” (I Corinthians 11:25) I remember that we are brought near to God by the Blood , cleansed by the Blood, washed by the Blood, redeemed by the Blood and protected by the Blood. As I take it, I speak the benefits over Ken and myself, our health, our finances, our home, our assignments with employment and ministry, our cars, etc. Then I began to speak over each member of my immediate family (2 daughters, son-in-laws and grandchildren) by name, allowing the blood to flow down over them, cleansing and protecting them as it flows. Next I speak the benefits over my oldest sister and her family and continue through all my siblings and Ken’s siblings and their families. Some times I feel a prompting to stop and focus on one individual as the Lord leads. Always, the Holy Spirit will lead me how to pray for the immediate need of that person. After I have prayed for the ministry partners of KBM, and those I have named here, the Holy Spirit leads me in prayer. Each time I am led to pray for different people in specific ways that are on His heart.

We have more authority in prayer with those we are more closely connected to. Dutch Sheets gives a great illustration of our spheres of authority in his book “Authority in Prayer”: “Picture a small circle with ever-expanding circles around it, much like a target with larger and larger circles around the bull’s-eye. For our discussion, the inner circle would represent us as individuals. As the circles expand and grow larger, they include more people and greater territory. As this increases, our authority decreases, since we are sharing it with others. The second circle might represent an individual’s family, the third circle their city, the next their nation, and so on. Again, as the circles expand outward, our personal authority decreases. No one has more authority over your life than you do. No one has greater authority to pray for you than yourself. We are born with a free will and a right to choose. As far as God is concerned, no one can take it from us. Though our family members have individual authority as they relate to God, we also possess authority to pray for them.”[5]

This is in no way like witchcraft or controlling prayer. We are in a season of judgment and we want to pray for our families to know God through a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, be healthy, have good marriages, keep their jobs, not be homeless etc. The thief comes in any crack to steal, kill and destroy. Praying for your cluster in communion is doing your part to make a way for the Lord to “deliver them from the power of darkness” and convey them into the “kingdom of the Son of His love.” (Colossians 1:13)

I would encourage you to take communion for yourself after you have meditated on the communion as I have outlined, especially the scriptures from John 6 on Jesus as the “true bread”, on the Blood Covenant and the power of the Blood of Jesus. As your faith grows from hearing and meditating on these scriptures, you will be able to expand and include others.

I heard Joyce Meyer say that you need to have victory over a sink full of dirty dishes before you can win the world. Please don’t feel overwhelmed. You do not have to have a theological degree for the Blood of Jesus to protect you and your family. Practice daily communion and meditate on the Blood scriptures and your faith will grow. After all, with Rahab and the Israelites, the righteousness of the people inside the house did not matter, it was the Blood that made the difference in the situation.








The Blood Covenant

I’ve a right to grace, in the hardest place
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;
I’ve a right to peace that can never cease,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant

I’ve a right to joy, that can never cloy,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;
I’ve a right to power, yes, this very hour,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;

I’ve a right to health, thru my Father’s wealth,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;
I my healing take, Satan’s hold must break,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;

I’ve a legal right, now to win this fight,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;
I will take my part with courageous heart,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;

Now my rights I claim, in His Mighty Name,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;
And my prayers prevail, tho all Hell assail,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;

On the ground of the Blood,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;
I will claim my rights, tho the enemy fights,
On the ground of the Blood Covenant;
E. W. Kenyon[6]

[1] E.W. Kenyon, The Blood Covenant (Kenyon’s Gospel Publishing Society, P.O. Box 973, Lynnwood, WA 9046) pp70
[2] Dutch Sheets, Intercessory Prayer (Regal Books, A Division of Gospel Light, Ventura, California) pg 248
[3] E.W. Kenyon, Identification, a Romance in Redemption (Kenyon’s Publishing Society, P.O. Box 973, Lynnwood Washington 98046) pg 7-8
[4] Spirit Filled Life Bible, (Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, TN) pg 1585
[5] Dutch Sheets, Authority in Prayer (Bethany House Publishers, 11400 Hampshire Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55438) pp 151 & 153
[6] E. W. Kenyon, The Blood Covenant, (Kenyon’s Gospel Publishing Society, P.O. Box 973, Lynwood, Washington 98046) pp 71

No comments:

Post a Comment